Department of Education – Smarter Balanced Web Page
Train the Trainer -Each AEA will have a “Train the Trainer” training in January/February. It is required for you to attend with at least one teacher in your school. Attendees will learn the basics of the Smarter Balanced testing system. Please be looking for this training and sign up as soon as possible.
All trainings (originally scheduled for January 13-Febrary 2) are on hold at this time.
Mississippi Bend AEA
Prairie Lakes AEA
Things to Know
The DE has created communication materials to assist schools in explaining Iowa’s transition to Smarter Balanced. These customizable communications materials are available here You will find:
- Key messages about Iowa’s transition to the Smarter Balanced Assessments
- A one-page fact sheet for parents about the Smarter Balanced Assessments
- FAQs for parents to help explain the assessment transition
- FAQs for teachers to help them talk to parents about the assessment transition
- A powerpoint presentation to explain the assessment transition to parents
These resources are designed to provide information about the transition to a new state assessments and the value of the Smarter Balanced Assessments.
Device Requirements and Approved Browsers
Spring 2018 Testing, will need: Keyboards & headphones/earbuds
- Ipads can’t be used for SBAC, without a keyboard
- IPad screens must measure a minimum 9.5 inches diagonal
Smarter Balance Tech Readiness Technology
Be thinking about the individuals you’ll designate for your building as highlighted in these roles and responsibilities.
All teachers will need A&A accounts.
The assessment will be administered through the portal.