Saturday Afternoon Updates, November 23, 2019 – *New*
- Sunday Morning Check-out Procedures. (Please Read Carefully)
- Adults are to pack as quickly as possible and set their luggage in the hallway and wait for kids to finish packing
- When a room is all packed, teens are to find a chaperone to check their room. (Check for damage or items they forgot to pack.)If you know of something that is broken, please notify a member of the Archdiocesan Staff before you depart. Once checked, the teens should take their luggage and move quietly to grab breakfast and then to their bus.
- The adult that checks the room should collect the room keys and write down the room numbers of the keys they collect.
- When all rooms from a group are checked, the adults should bring the room keys to Group Leaders’ Lounge to indicate which rooms have been vacated. Key drop locations are as follows:
- Wingate: In the Meeting Room
- Courtyard: at the “Alien Chairs”
- Wyndham: outside of Hall of Champions
- Crowne: In Atrium.
- Hyatt: Where ever Annie is.
- Once a bus has all people on it, the bus boss is to post a photo of their group on social media about leaving and then depart.
- All rooms get checked for damage and items
- Room keys are taken to the NCYC office
(Group Leader Lounge)
- Empty rooms are reported to NCYC Team
- Teens eat Breakfast
- Buses leave
- Bus Bosses! Be sure to stop in the Group Leader Lounge at your hotel tonight to pick up your bus packets for tomorrow. This is very important
- Group Leaders! Be sure to stop in your Group Leader Lounge at your hotel tonight to pick up a special gift for your parish/school.
- Assigned Seats at Mass. Please be sure to sit in seats in sections 124-129 tonight. This is really important to the NFCYM and our diocese to have us together. We will be going “group photos” before Mass starts.
- Volunteer Money Counters. Please sit in the back of Section 124. We will leave from there to go count money before the collection starts.
- Mass Collection goes to scholarships for NCYC 2021. If you had a valuable experience here and would like to share it with a young person who couldn’t be here without your help, please give generously.
- Thank You Gifts from San Bernardino and Anchorage. Please stop by the Archdiocesan booth to see the Thank You gifts we received from our Partner Dioceses. Their generosity and grateful hearts have made a real mark on our teens.
- Thank YOU! We at the Archdiocese are incredibly grateful to all of the adult volunteers, group leaders, and Faith Formation Leaders who have worked so hard to make NCYC happen for your young people. We are so blessed to have all of you here. Go forth tomorrow to change your parish, your towns, and the world!
Saturday Morning Updates for Saturday, November 23, 2019
- Gratitude from San Bernardino and Anchorage. The (arch)dioceses of San Bernardino and Anchorage expressed their extreme gratitude for the work our teens and adults have done to raise money and contribute toward helping them get to NCYC 2019! 70 teens and adults gathered to celebrate our common faith tonight. Thank you so much for your contributions to our partner dioceses.
- No Early Entry to Closing Mass. Last year, we had special permission to wait in line to get in the closing Mass. They are not allowing early entry this year. Instead, they have made a special arrangement with our diocese to have….
- Reserved Seating at the Closing Mass. The NFCYM has allowed for our diocese to sit together at the closing Mass. We are the only diocese allowed to have sections reserved. Please honor our assigned seats. Enter through the South Gates (where you enter each morning) for the Closing Mass and head to sections 124-129. We broken down each section by parish/school groups to make things easier for you. You can see the assignments below under yesterday’s morning announcements. Please sit all the way forward in your section and fill in from the front.
- Money counters – Sit in the back of Section 124 and check in with Kevin. We will leave for money counting shortly after the homily. We should be done counting between 11:00 and Midnight. Below are the adults who have volunteered to help count the collection tonight.
- Diane McGovern
- Dianna Hackman
- Lisa Reid
- Tammy Lamb
- John Knipper
- Sandra Kremer
- Leah Kremer
- Sarah Flores
- Jessica Schipper
- Jenny Hulme
- Mark Meier
- Megan Balong
Afternoon Updates for Friday, November 22, 2019
NCYC’s Deep Dive
This is a series of sessions that are designed to take NCYC participants who are looking for something deeper this weekend. If you have teens who are deeply faithfilled and want to really be challenged and fed this weekend, encourage them to try the NCYC Deep Dive. Rounds C, D, and E. More information in the Participant book or on the App à Sessions à Deep Dives
Check out the parent lounge (if you’re not directly responsible to accompany young people) in room 210.
Saturday Mass Collection
Please encourage your teens (and yourselves) to set aside $5 – $10 to tomorrow night’s collection at Mass. All money collected will be used for NCYC Scholarships in 2021.
Announcements regarding general session
- Seating. Please only sit in the 100 level seats or on the floor. Do not move into the 200 level sections. This is important for tonight’s general session. Also, please scoot to the middle of your row so that others can sit in seats. Finally, only save seats for members of your group who are in Lucas Oil Stadium and are on the floor or in the restrooms. Please do not send “advanced scouts” to stake out a section of seats. Arrive to LOS as a group, put your bags and coats on seats, and then allow your teens to explore the experience.
- Adoration and Reconciliation Tonight’s general session will include a time for Eucharistic Adoration and the Sacrament of Reconciliation. You may want to spend some time talking with your teens about what they could expect during those experiences. The NCYC App has resources to help guide these discussions Prayer à Guide to Eucharistic Adoration or Guide to Confession
- Priests and Deacons who wish to take part in the closing Mass (or other sacraments) should visit Clergy Central in room 111-112 in the Convention Center.
Friday Morning Update! – Still good to know.
- Snacks and water ARE allowed in Lucas Oil Stadium and the Indiana Convention Center. Security guards who were asking our participants to dump their water and throw away snacks were operating under a mis-understanding of the arrangements for NCYC. Please encourage your teens to bring water and light snacks for the day. It’s really important that stay hydrated and well nourished.
- Congrats to our two State Football Champions – Don Bosco High School and West Hancock High School. They both won their games yesterday and traveled late to join us at NCYC.
- Archdiocesan shirts are to be worn on Saturday. There is a small supply of surplus shirts available at the Archdiocesan Booth (#801-805). Substitutions can be made from 11:00 – 2:00 PM at a first come first serve basis. All remaining shirts will be available for sale for $10 starting at 2:00 PM. Proceeds will go to support our partner diocese. Please stop at the booth and say Hi, check out some resources, or leave notes for others in ministry.
- Closing Mass Seating Plan
- All groups from the Archdiocese have assigned seating at Lucas Oil Stadium for Saturday night’s Mass.
- Please enter thru the South gates (walk around LOS outside).
- Please sit in your assigned section.
- Section 124
- Archangels Cluster
- Iowa Fall/Eldora
- Charles City
- Clear Lake
- Mason City
- Webster City
- Section 125
- Cedar Falls
- Don Bosco
- Light of Christ Cluster
- New Hampton
- San Bernardino (guests)
- Joseph the Worker Cluster
- Section 126
- North Linn County, Central City
- Strawberry Point
- Trinity Cluster (Monona)
- Section 127
- Waterloo Catholic Youth Ministry
- Section 128: Courtyard & Wingate Guests:
- Beckman/Spires of Faith
- Blessed Trinity (Manchester)
- Dubuque Parishes
- Elizabeth Pastorate
- Section 129
- Cedar Rapids Parishes
- Heart of Mary Cluster
- Mount Vernon
- Prince of Peace (Traer)
- Queen of Saints Cluster
NCYC (National Catholic Youth Conference) is a four-day celebration for Catholic teens. This event is hosted by the National Federation for Catholic Youth Ministry every other year. NCYC 2017 will be held in Indianapolis, IN from November 16-19, 2017.
NCYC involves dynamic speakers, powerful workshops, music, interactive activities, and a chance to meet more than 23,000 teens from all over the United States. In 2015, a record breaking 1,600 youth and their adult chaperones attended the conference from the Archdiocese of Dubuque.
The Office of Adolescent Faith Formation coordinates the details for this trip including transportation, lodging, and registration. The cost for NCYC is $550 per person and includes everything except meals.
[wpdevart_youtube width=”640″ height=”385″ autoplay=”0″ theme=”dark” loop_video=”0″ enable_fullscreen=”1″ show_related=”0″ show_popup=”0″ thumb_popup_width=”213″ thumb_popup_height=”128″ show_title=”1″ show_youtube_icon=”1″ show_annotations=”1″ show_progress_bar_color=”red” autohide_parameters=”1″ set_initial_volume=”false” initial_volume=”100″ disable_keyboard=”0″]b7xHWJ5GfJA[/wpdevart_youtube]
NCYC Group Leaders can find more information by Clicking Here.